Empire Transportation Limited only collects and discloses personal information about customers, vendors or employees for the following purposes:
A) To establish and maintain responsible relationships
B) To administer agreements, obligations and credit relations
C) To understand needs and provide ongoing service
D) To manage and develop Empire Transportation Limited’s business and operations
E) To comply with the law or the requests of law enforcement agencies or regulators; and
F) To notify you or allowing our affiliated companies to notify you of certain products or services offered by our affiliated companies.
Personal Information Collected
Depending on the purpose(s) for which we need to collect it, we may ask for the following personal information about you including:
· Basic information such as your name, address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail address, birth date and marital status
· Claims history
· Drivers and criminal record
· If a credit relationship, details about your property such as value of your home and contents
· Medical information such as any condition that may affect operation of a vehicle
· Employment information and conduct history
We may obtain this information from:
· Insurance companies, brokers or agents
· Previous employers
· Customers and their associates
· Credit organizations
· Motor vehicle and driver licensing authorities
· Financial institutions
· Medical professionals
· On board electronic equipment
· Highway toll institutions
· Police and security officers and their reports
· Electronic trail histories in our computers
· Professionals working with us such as adjusters and lawyers
Your knowledge and consent of Empire’s collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information is critical. We rely on the following actions by you as indications of your consent to out existing and future personal information practices:
· You or your agents voluntary provision of personal information directly to Empire, your consent thus implied for us to deal with your personal information in a reasonable manner (including information previously supplied to Empire).
· Your express consent or acknowledgement contained within a written, verbal or electronic application process.
· Your consent solicited by Empire (or our agent) for specified purpose.
· Your consent given through your authorized representative such as legal guardian, agent or holder of a power of attorney.
Subject to certain legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, you may withdraw this consent at any time. Empire will inform you of the consequences of withdrawing your consent.
In some cases, refusing to provide certain Personal Information or withdrawing consent for Empire to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information could mean that we cannot provide you with work, insurance coverage or other requested products, services or information.
Limiting Collection and Retention of Personal Information
Empire Transportation Limited will only collect, use or disclose Personal Information that is necessary for the Identified Purposes or as required by law. If we require Personal Information for any other purpose, you will be notified of the new purpose, and subject to your consent, that new purpose will become an Identified Purpose. Empire will only collect Personal Information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the Identified Purposes.
Empire Transportation Limited will maintain your Personal Information as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the Identified Purposes. By request, as set forth below, your Personal Information can be reviewed for accuracy.
Empire Transportation Limited will protect your Personal Information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Safeguards will vary depending on the sensitivity, format, location and storage of the Personal Information.
Accountability, Openness and Customer Access
If you are not satisfied with Empire Transportation Limited response to a privacy related inquiry or complaint, you may contact the Office of Privacy Commissioner of Canada during business hours at 1-800-282-1376 or visit their web site at www.privvom.gc.ca.
A cookie is a small piece of information that a web site stores on your computer. It is retrieved automatically whenever you return and some of its contents are stored in log files that are then used to generate periodic statistical reports
Collection and Use of Personal Information
While visiting the ETL web site and, you may be invited to, or request that information be sent to your address, or you may be providing us with personal information, as part of a request for quote, or an application for employment. The information gathered in these databases of information is collected on a voluntary basis. Personally identifying information you choose to post in the databases is not stored online and will therefore not be accessible to anyone on the Internet.
ETL does not sell any personally identifying information to outside organisations or groups. In the exceptional case of a request by law enforcement authorities to view our Website’s log files, no attempt at identifying individual visitors to our site will occur unless a judicial order is received as well.
Throughout the site, visitors may be given an opportunity to provide us with feedback. When you provide us with feedback, we will not share your name with others. We will try our best to ensure that your confidentiality is protected.
Subject to Change
Revised – July 7, 2013